1. Your daughter is the first one to go barefoot.
2. You listen to Kinyarwanda music during the
3. You count money in Luganda.
4. You place sold items in
kavera (plastic bags) and whisper not to cross the
advertise the sale by driving around the neighborhood
with loud Lingala music.
6. The sale doesn't quite feel
right without the smell of curry from India.
7. You whisper, "Mungu akubariki" (God bless you) to the watoto (children) and give them something for free.
8.A small group gathers to discuss the benefits and practical navigation of dual citizenship.
9. You don't make eye contact when campus
police walks by.
10. You try to find a facebook friend who is a
relative of the campus policeman.